Patreon
Patreon
Upcoming Events
Feb
23
Sat
all-day Belgian Team Championships 2019 @ Horizon VZW
Belgian Team Championships 2019 @ Horizon VZW
Feb 23 – Feb 24 all-day
Belgian Team Championships 2019 @ Horizon VZW
  We are honoured to present the 5th instalment of the Belgian 40K Team Championships Event. As usual, every Team is welcome, be it an actual representation of a Gaming Club, just a bunch of[...]
all-day Dark Millennium 6 @ Common Ground Games
Dark Millennium 6 @ Common Ground Games
Feb 23 – Feb 24 all-day
Dark Millennium 6 @ Common Ground Games
  Dark Millennium returns for its 6th year! 6 rounds of games using custom missions! Details to follow in the rules pack, but the below is a guideline: -3 detachments (including duplication) -2000 points -Forge[...]
Caledonian Deathwatch Network

House Ordos Project Blog – Mission 2

So I’ve finally found the time to start working on the project! I absolutely wanted to magnetise my knights, so I thought that a good (yet productive) test would be to build the Armiger Warglaives that were in the Forgebane kit. It was a while ago, but if you want to check out that unboxing video, you can see that below:

Forgebane Unboxing

 

I cracked out the instructions – one thing I will say, is that the build guides for some of the newer kits are actually pretty decent. I still remember the days of building metal Shokk Attack gunz!

 

I had a full read of the guide, and checked out the Armiger sprues. Many of the Knight magnet tutorials concentrated heavily on doing the magnets at the joints and detaching the weapons. I have hobby aspirations as part of this project, but I equally understand my limitations! As such, please do not take any of this hobby advice as any kind of magnetising authority!  It simply worked for me, and it may work for you too.

My main priority for the deconstruction was whether I can transport the knights easily enough. So I wanted to split up the arms, the torso, and the legs. The questoris class knights are fortunate, in that I don’t think the torso needs magnetised to the legs. The “pin” on the torso body is pretty good – far better than the thin, delicate, very breakable Wraithknight (remember them?) joint! The Armigers though from the looks of them just had the ball joint.

I was going to use a combination of Super Glue, Green Stuff and Cardboard to keep magnets sealed, but my hobby sponsor Paul advised against green stuff. I wanted some sort of “holding” material, so I experimented with Blu-Tack. I found that this got pretty tough when superglue had been applied, so I decided to go with this. In general, the construction looks something like this terrible MS Paint diagram!

 

 

I apologise if any hardcore artists or modellers just vomited in their mouths, but i’ll try to explain:

 

Green – Super Glue

Blue – Bluetack

Red – Magnet

Brown – Cardboard

 

I’ve found that this generally seals in the magnet (on both sides). here’s a picture of a WIP on the leg joint:

 

And the other half of the picture on the upper torso:

The Arm Joints were quite easy to “Pack” – almost all of the space was used (in both the arm and the circular joint):

 

And here is a short video of the “construction”:

 

So for someone who has never done any magnetising, I am absolutely delighted with this! My next effort is going to be magnetising my existing Questoris knights. Wish me luck!

 

#warhammer40k

 

<< Prev                                                                              Next >>

One Response to “House Ordos Project Blog – Mission 2”

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Our Sponsors
Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

KR Multicase

Secret Weapon Miniatures
FB Events

Unable to display Facebook posts.
Show error

Error: (#4) Application request limit reached
Type: OAuthException
Code: 4
Please refer to our Error Message Reference.